Saturday, November 21, 2009

City Bakery Ride

Met up with the Asheville Bicycle Racing Club crew today for their weekly 10am Saturday ride. It was obvious that I was a visitor from the north, as I was the only one in shorts. Still, by noon it was straight up balmy. Despite sore legs, I still put in a good showing, taking hard pulls and winning the one town line sprint. I made many friends too. I felt that I was a good ambassador for Dartmouth Cycling.

I sat outside and enjoyed a fantastic lunch of a portobello/tapenade sandwich and a GIANT sugar cookie/scone in the arts district of Asheville. Wow...I love it here.





To say that I'm smoked would be a vast understatement. As you'll see below, in the past seven days I've ridden 8 times for a total of almost 21 hours, covered 317 miles, climbed 28,300 vertical feet, and burned almost 21,000 calories. Whether or not its raining tomorrow, I'm taking a rest day. I'm headed for certain doom if I don't. Still, its hard to believe that I've gone from incapacitated by major surgery to riding like this in only 9 months. Perhaps the lesson of this trip is hidden in that miracle.



I find it hard to believe that my journey north is imminent. As I've said before, I wonder if I've had enough time for quiet reflection. I wonder if I ever needed it. I wonder what my integration back into med school will be like. One thing is for sure, I've definitely had my last stint of the euro-pro lifestyle down here in the south. Hard to believe that I'll be back at the books soon.

4 comments:

JenyJo said...

we're watching you ... you know that, right?

ed and i, that is ;-)

keep it' comin'!

mwah!

jj

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Sluggish Downloads With NZB Files You Can Hastily Find HD Movies, Games, MP3s, Applications & Download Them @ Alarming Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat guide[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood methods to generate an income online.